Once Evan turned one and we moved into our house, we decided it was time to make a few changes. First, we decided it was time to stop giving him formula and start him on cow’s milk. He’s had cow’s milk with his cereal almost from the very beginning, but when we tried milk alone, he wasn’t that into it. Also, his stools got a bit loose. So we did more of a transition, we started mixing a bit of milk with his formula, and increased it by an ounce every couple of days. And it worked; he’s been on cow’s milk for almost 2 weeks now.
Then we decided to take the next step: the sippy cup. He has been using it to drink water, but he hasn’t been too keen on drinking milk from it. So we started with one meal at a time, and now he only has the bottle at the end of the day, the last feeding before bedtime. Honestly, I could probably get rid of that one now and he would accept it, but I think at this point I keep giving him a bottle for my own sake.
He’s growing so quickly. I’ve never called him “my baby”, but suddenly I am. And he’s not a baby anymore, he’s a toddler, a big boy, almost a kid.
I guess he's not the only one going through some transitions here.
No comments:
Post a Comment