Wednesday, January 20, 2010

39 weeks

And here I am:

We had our weekly doctor's appt yesterday, and surprisingly enough I actually lost a couple of pounds! Well, not surprisingly, really, it's very normal to loose some weight close to the end. And it's mostly that I'm not retaining as much liquid as I was. The belly's actually a bit bigger than last week, see?

So here's the scoop: there's still no progress. We're still 5 days away from our due date, so there's still plenty of time. We do have an ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday, just to make sure Lovebug is still doing well in there and he has enough amniotic fluid. If that's the case, we're going to give him another week before taking action. Our doctor will allow us to go up to 41 weeks, and if labor hasn't started on its own by then, we'll induce. So Lovebug will be here by February 2nd at the latest!

We're still keeping our fingers crossed so we don't make it that far, but that's the way things will go if nothing else happens before. We'll keep you posted!

Oh, by the way: Ana, Kristen, Lorelai, Laure and Mom: you guessed wrong! Follow the LINK to see who's still in the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment